SEO: CREATE THE PERFECT WEBSITE
1. Make use of a responsive theme. When a user visits your website, whether on a desktop computer or a smartphone, the responsive website will change to fit the size of their device. This makes it easier for you to promote your site and put it in front of more users because it ensures that it will look good and work properly on any device.
2. Use a theme from a provider like ThemeForest or one that is owned by Shopify that has SEO functionality built in. These themes are easy to customize if you want to add things like unique CSS or HTML code as well. They already include SEO best practices like clean URLs, optimized image sizes, sitemaps, and keywording.
3. Pick a theme that is visually appealing and aligns with your brand identity, because doing so will help build trust with potential customers before they even visit your store page. And if it's possible? Try to locate something in the niche markets where I'm selling my products where there isn't already a lot of competition; that way, I won't have to put in as much effort to rank my store page on search engines like Google.
I will need more time to open my store, so the more work I have to do, the longer it will take. And if my rivals already dominate the keyword search results in my industry? That implies that they have already conducted extensive keyword research and SEO optimization, giving them the upper hand over me. Thus, yes. In order to save myself time when setting up my Shopify store, it's critical that the theme I choose has not only a pleasing appearance but also some built-in SEO functionality.
SEO: USE SHOPIFY THEME OR OTHER TOOLS
You have a wide range of options in this scenario. Use Shopify's themes and modify them to fit your brand, or hire a Shopify expert to do it for you. Even though changing themes has no impact on SEO, this information is still useful to know.
It will be best if whatever you choose fits your business and gives your customers a positive experience when they visit your store, whether you choose to use an existing theme or hire someone else.
The impact on SEO will be negligible if you alter your Shopify theme frequently. The most crucial thing to keep in mind is that selecting a good theme is just the beginning; you also need to make sure that it complements your brand.
In actuality, Shopify's themes are created by professionals who are aware of what works and what doesn't. But if you have the time and patience, you might want to think about personalizing one of their pre-existing themes. Even though it will require a little more work, it is possible if you have the necessary resources. If not, then hiring a professional is unquestionably worthwhile.
If you're still not sure, take into account this: Google may view your store differently if you frequently switch themes or use different ones. If your ecommerce company has been around for some time, it is best to stick with one theme.
HOW DOES CHANGING THE THEME AFFECT SEO?
So, how does changing the theme affect SEO?
Let's start by quickly recapping the theme, which is your first impression. When visitors arrive at your website, it's the first thing they see, and it influences whether they stay and browse or leave right away. The theme of your store determines its distinctiveness and gives you an advantage over rivals, so it must be practical, aesthetically pleasing, and packed with features that make it simple for customers to move around.
The theme is also how search engines will perceive you. In order to determine the type of site you are, search engine bots use your site as a reference point as they trawl the web in search of fresh content. The performance of SEO could suffer if the theme doesn't match what your company does.
INSTALLING DIFFERENT SEO CAN ENHANCE SEO
In more detail, SEO refers to the process of enhancing your website so that it becomes an authority for particular keywords. The goal here isn't necessarily to get a lot of traffic from search engines, but rather to get traffic from people who are likely to buy from you.
Each time someone accesses your website via Google, they browse around, and if they like what they see, they'll stay longer and perhaps even make a purchase. Because people trust websites that have been visited by others before them, the more frequently this occurs, the higher up in the search results you will appear.
Overall, depending on how well a theme optimized content for its target audience, changing themes can have an impact on the SEO of Shopify stores.
The ranking of your store may suffer if you change themes if it was already performing well for a particular keyword. However, if you were not ranking at all for that keyword, switching to a new theme might be able to help your overall rankings.
CHANGING THEMES IMPACT SEO
The theme you select for your Shopify store can have a significant impact on SEO if you're trying to optimize it.
It's probably going to perform better if you select a theme with strong SEO rather than one without.
Though they won't necessarily be more well-liked or expensive, themes with strong SEO should make it simpler for search engines to index your website and give it a good ranking in search results.
The theme you're thinking about should be search engine optimized, so that should be your first consideration. So, it was made with search engines in mind and uses SEO best practices such as:
1. Use keywords in the headings, descriptions, and title.
2. A concise business description that is specific to each page of your website.
3. Include keywords in each page's URL on your website.
SEO: KEYWORD RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Finding out what kinds of words and phrases are used in search engines is the process of performing keyword analysis, which is the process of conducting keyword research. Because keywords give you insight into what people are searching for and how to enhance the performance of your store, they are a crucial component of SEO on Shopify.
Keywords can be applied in a variety of contexts:
1. Search engine optimization: Using keywords can help with SEO because they provide a way to learn what people are looking for when they visit a website.
2. Online marketing: Using keywords can be crucial in PPC ads, remarketing ads, email marketing campaigns, and social media ads, among other online marketing initiatives. by concentrating on long-tail, high-volume searches.
ANY CHANGES EFFECTS SEO
SEO is a lengthy process that takes more than a few days to complete. Your organic traffic will change as a result of any changes you make to SEO, which is a continuous process.
SEO is a lengthy process that calls for consistency and patience.
Your search engine rankings depend on a variety of factors, including:
1. The search terms you're aiming for the degree of difficulty of those keywords.
2. The level of your content's quality and how frequently it is updated.
Does changing themes affect SEO?
Yes, in most cases. When choosing a theme for your store, it's crucial to keep in mind that it will directly affect how search engines will rank your pages. We can assist you in selecting the ideal theme for your company's needs, whether you're working with an e-commerce agency like us or an internal developer.
How do I know which theme is best?
Platform, layout, and speed are the three main variables that affect SEO performance. The type of website you want to build will determine how important each factor is. This also implies that these factors may conflict with one another, i.e., there may not be a single "best" option available, but rather a number of good options depending on what matters most to each specific business considering developing its own e-commerce website.
Your Shopify store's SEO performance may be greatly enhanced by changing the theme. There are numerous available themes, some of which are better suited for SEO than others. Changing your theme won't guarantee better results or higher rankings because there are other factors at work in this situation, but if done correctly, it will undoubtedly help. Click here to read our previous article!